ENS’s Competition department walked away with top honours at the Global Competition Review (GCR) Awards ceremony in Washington DC on Tuesday evening with the award for Merger Control Matter of the Year – Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, in recognition of its representation in South Africa of Nestlé in its US$11.9 billion acquisition of Pfizer’s infant nutrition business.
The winners were identified for ‘creative and innovative competition work on a landmark merger control inquiry conducted by an antitrust agency in Asia-Pacific, Middle East or Africa’, and ENS was up against several international law firms, including Crowell & Moring LLP, Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP and Jones Day.
We thank you, our valued clients, for this remarkable achievement. With approximately 30 dedicated competition law practitioners and an ever-growing footprint across Africa, we are confidently able to assure you of our commitment to provide you with the best competition advice wherever you choose to do business on the continent.
ENS’s competition law practitioners are ranked as leading lawyers by:
- Chambers Global Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers 2013
- IFLR1000 2013
- Legal 500 2013
- Global Competition Review (GCR) 100 2013
- International Who’s Who of Competition Lawyers and Economists 2013
- Best Lawyers SA 2011/2012
- Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Competition and Anti-Trust Lawyers/Economists 2012
- Euromoney’s Guide to the World’s Leading Woman in Business Law 2012
- PLC Which? Lawyer 2012