South Africa’s most prestigious amateur golfing event – The Duke of Edinburgh Championship – supports The Rhino Orphanage’s Post Your Selfie & Win’ campaign.
May 2014 – Golfers competing in the Duke of Edinburgh Championship at the Country Club Johannesburg on 19 May 2014, stand the chance of winning one of two holidays worth R20,000 each in the ‘Post Your Selfie & Win’ campaign in support of The Rhino Orphanage – the world’s first non-profit organisation dedicated to rehabilitating baby rhino that have been affected by poaching.
This fun campaign, being spearheaded by First Car Rental, in partnership with Nissan SA, Lafarge SA, New Holland (Agri), Legend Golf & Safari Resort and Graffiti Media, aims to raise awareness of The Rhino Orphanage in Limpopo province.
To be entered into the ‘Post Your Selfie & Win’ competition at the Duke of Edinburgh Championship:
- Find the Nissan Juke that looks like a mom rhino with a baby rhino by her side at the Country Club Johannesburg on 19 May.
- Take a selfie with the Juke and post to your personal Facebook or Twitter account using #Rhinos1st.
- Make sure to tag your selfie with #Rhinos1st to be entered into a competition to win one of two holidays worth R 20,000 each!
SA celebrities and sports stars that have so far shown their support for the campaign by taking selfies with The Rhino Orphanage Nissan Juke include cricket legend, Mark Boucher; SABC superstar, Leanne Manas; singing sensation, Heinz Winckler; top women’s professional golfer, Lee-Ann Pace; and Mrs South Africa CEO, Joani Johnson to name a few.
About the Duke of Edinburgh Championship
The Duke of Edinburgh Championship is South Africa’s most prestigious amateur golfing event.
Amateur golfers across the country are invited to compete in this esteemed tournament, for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play at the Duke of Edinburgh Golf Cup Championship in the United Kingdom and dine with Royalty at Windsor Castle.
To book your place on the 2014 championship, visit www.dukeofedinburgh.co.za/register/Pages/default.aspx.
Put your best face first in support of saving baby rhino in South Africa!
To further support The Rhino Orphanage you can donate R15 by SMSing the word ‘rhino’ to 49100
To find out more about this campaign please:
- Visit the competition website at www.firstcarrental.co.za/Post-your-Selfie-Campaign.htm.
- Follow @RhinoOrphanage and @firstcarrental on Twitter
- Like these Facebook pages – @FirstCarRental and @TheRhinoOrphanage
To find out more about the Duke of Edinburgh Championship please:
- Visit the website at www.dukeofedinburgh.co.za.
- Follow @DOEgolf on Twitter