- They are very visibly branded with Standard Bank branding – What has motivated Standard Bank to become involved as a partner offering this type of commuter transport?
Shesha Tuks are the owners of the vehicles and custodians of the permits in Johannesburg. Primedia Unlimited secured the exclusive advertising rights for the Tuk Tuk passenger initiative offering advertisers the largest number of branded, legally operated Tuk Tuks in the country. Standard Bank has opted to purchase the advertising rights to the Tuk Tuks as we feel they are a visual representation of our pay off line, Moving Forward – a moving billboard of sorts.
Standard Bank understands that everyone moves forward in different ways – whether its paying for your child’s education or your name on that door – but the thing we all have in common is how good we feel when we do.
The Tuk Tuks are a very literal representation of Moving Forward, but if Standard Bank can help move people from A to B, then that’s great too. The Tuk Tuks are essentially Moving billboards, which also ties in nicely with our media strategy to innovate in outdoor.
What are they called? Shesha Tuks 0861 743 742
- How many of them are operating on our roads and in which areas? 33 in Sandton and Rosebank
- Are there specific parameters within which these vehicles have to operate such as routes, distances travelled, pricing/tariffs, maximum speed or weight carried etc?
- How do you ensure that they share the roads without conflict with other taxi services – is there an agreement or mutual understanding between the different operators?
- Have you had positive feedback from commuters on this service -i.e. from Gautrain to hotels etc.?