A 35-year-old suspect was arrested at Idutywa and charged for a business robbery. The arrest followed after police were informed about a business burglary at a supermarket in Idutywa yesterday, 13 January 2021 at about 16:45.
A busy supermarket was robbed by three unknown suspects and video footage was obtained from a security guard that also helped identify the three (3) suspects appearing on the CCTV footage. Security saw a man with a similar appearance and informed police. One was arrested and two fled away.
The following items with an estimated value of R215 000 were recovered:
• 2 laptops,
• Electronic equipment,
• Cigarettes and an undisclosed amount of cash.
The suspect is expected to appear in Dutywa magistrates’ court today, 14 January 2021 facing charges of business robbery.
How can I protect my business from burglary and robbery?
- Nov 11, 2013Hino to Enter Two 500-Series Trucks in 2014 Dakar Rally Hino Motors Ltd., together with Hino Team Sugawara, has made its customary entry of two 500 Series trucks for the 2014 Dakar Rally which starts in Rosario, Argentina, on January 5 and […]
- Sep 23, 2020Taxis and lockdown – what you need to knowNow that most people are back at work under Lockdown Alert Level 1, what would be the protocol and rules when travelling in a taxi? Who is held responsible for keeping passengers safe from […]
- Apr 3, 2014Correctional services Minister says imprisonment should be last resort in deterring crime Correctional Services Minister Sibusiso Ndebele says across the world, retribution, through imprisonment, has not yielded the results of deterring crime. Delivering the opening […]
- May 5, 2016Protecting your Pocket and Sanity comes Standard with a Home Warranty Jenny Adams was a recently divorced entrepreneur and had been through a harrowing hijacking ordeal at her home just two months prior. The experience left her feeling incredibly […]