Stuttgart/Paris. At the renowned design competition, the “Automobile Brand Contest”, Mercedes-Benz Cars received a total of ten awards, including the top award twice. Ola Källenius, member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG, responsible for Mercedes-Benz Sales & Marketing, was honoured as “Brand Manager of the Year”. The interior of the E-Class and the interior of the GLC Coupé both achieved the “Best of Best” award. The jury gives this award for outstanding performance. The awards for the Automotive Brand Contest 2016 were presented on 29 September 2016, the first press day of the Paris car show “Mondial de l’Automobile”.
The German Design Council, established as a foundation by the German Bundestag, organises the independent “Automotive Brand Contest” and awards car design and brand management. The winners are selected from 21 competition categories and four special categories.
After 130 years, positioning a brand not only in keeping with the times but also for the future is not an easy proposition. This has been outstandingly well achieved with the Mercedes-Benz brand by Ola Källenius – an achievement which the Design Council has recognised with the Brand Manager of the Year award.
Two products from Mercedes-Benz Style also received awards: the “Ameluna” pendant light and the luxury motor yacht “ARROW460 – Granturismo”. Since 2010, in addition to the classic car design, Mercedes-Benz designers have been shaping the design of other products in cooperation with select partners under the label Mercedes-Benz Style. The aim is to take the unmistakeable Mercedes-Benz design philosophy of sensual purity, as well as the high standard of luxury and aesthetics associated with the star, and apply them to other areas of life. The products are both hot and cool.
Presenting the Mercedes-Benz Cars winners:
- Ola Källenius: „Brand Manager of the Year“
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Interior: “Best of Best”
- Mercedes-Benz GLC Coupé Interior: “Best of Best”
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Exterior: “Winner”
- smart fortwo cabrio Exterior: “Winner”
- smart fortwo cabrio Interior: “Winner”
- Mercedes-Benz “IAA Concept”: Concepts: “Winner”
- Mercedes-Benz “Vision Tokyo”: Concepts: “Winner”
- Mercedes-Benz Style “Ameluna” pendant light:
Future, Mobility & Parts: “Winner”
- Mercedes-Benz Style Luxury Motor Yacht “ARROW460 – Granturismo”: Future, Mobility & Parts: “Winner”